Welcome to the Beta Alpha Psi Gamma Omicron homepage
Beta Alpha Psi
BETA ALPHA PSI is an honorary organization for Financial Information students and professionals. The primary objective of Beta Alpha Psi is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
Beta Alpha Psi was founded in 1919. There are now 300 chapters on college and university campuses with over 300,000 members initiated since Beta Alpha Psi’s formation. Our chapter, Gamma Omicron was founded in 1969.
The Beta Alpha Psi Insignia
The emblem of the Beta Alpha Psi Organization denotes the promise of careers for business information professionals. The rising sun signifies these professional positions as rising ever higher among economic activities. The crossed keys symbolize knowledge as a means of opening the doors of the financial world. The letters Beta, Alpha, and Psi denote Scholarship, Social Responsibility, and Practicality, respectively
More information about Beta Alpha Psi can be found at the national website: http://www.bap.org/
Beta Alpha Psi Gamma Omicron Chapter
Check out what we were up to during the Spring 2015 semester! Spring 2015 Highlights
The Gamma Omicron chapter of Beta Alpha Psi was established at California State University, Fresno in December 1969. Past and current members have and continue to commit an enormous amount of time and energy toward the continued success of the Gamma Omicron chapter.
Each academic year, members of Beta Alpha Psi participate in a variety of professional and social activities. Beta Alpha Psi, being a international organization, encourages chapters to attend local, regional, and national Beta Alpha Psi meetings, make regional meeting presentations, and perform community service.
Beta Alpha Psi is well known for it’s Meet the Professionals event, in which our chapter invites various firms to meet with students and network, opening a variety of doors into the business world. In addition, BAP invites a variety of “Big-Four” and other accounting and business professionals to come and present at weekly meetings. Members of BAP are known to provide tutoring assistance to accounting and non-accounting students, and render complimentary tax services through the annual Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
The purpose of this organization is to:
- recognize outstanding academic achievements in the field of accounting, finance and information systems
- promote the study and practice of professional fields related to these disciplines
- provide opportunities for self-development and association among members and practicing financial professionals
- encourage a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibilities
The goal of the Gamma Omicron Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi is to provide a positive environment in which to:
- Increase member awareness of various career paths that are available in accounting and other business fields.
- Increase the interaction between professionals, members, initiates, and candidates in order to develop lasting friendships.
- Motivate Members to remain actively involved in Beta Alpha Psi.
- Increase communication and involvement with Beta Alpha Psi alumni.
- Increase Beta Alpha Psi’s profile though involvement in community activities.
- Increase the awareness of lower division accounting students as to the importance and benefits of Beta Alpha Psi.
- Increase interaction and support with the accounting faculty on campus.
- Implement fun and innovative fundraising activities for the chapter.
- Sponsor social activities with firms in a more relaxed, less intimidating atmosphere.
- Increase the amount of professional and financial support we receive from the business community.
- Maintain the overall quality and integrity of our organization; ensuring continued active recruitment by accounting firms, governmental agencies, and private industries.
- Retain Superior Chapter status!